Saturday 2 August 2014

AUGUST IS A WICKED MONTH

Or so Edna O'Brien would have us believe. Actually July was not all that good. I went for the annual scan to check that the work on my aorta was holding out, and they managed to pump the X-Ray trace fluid into my arm, rather than the vein that it was supposed to enter - not their fault, I hasten to add, as my vein decided to collapse when they staryed and they did stop it after about 3 seconds. By which time my immune system detected a foreign body and directed its attention to my arm, which, in turn, allowed the cellulitis to recur. More intravenous infusions, but they now do it as an out-patient, rather than have you take up a bed for however long it takes, which is a great improvement.

The trouble with that is that I find that antibiotics turn me off alcohol.

Glad to be away from Bidborough Court. When I left there were two flats that had been sold and were waiting for completion. The three bedroom one is now owned and occupied by a large Nigerian actor, his husband, and his housekeeper. Probably will not go down a bomb in Bidborough. The other has been let to a landlord who has tenants with children who sound as though they are training for the next Tour de France in the grounds of Bidborough Court, which does not endear them to many.

Otherwise the rest of July has been taken up with visiting Derbyshire, playing bridge, inviting people to see Framley Road, playing croquet, and, to celebrate th wedding anniversary, going to Stratford for a couple of days to see Two Gentlemen of Verona at the RSC Theatre. The play was very well done, with Crab being played with by a real live lurcher. He was brilliant. I didn't think they were very trainable, but whoever it was got this one right.

Contributions are down a bit this month, but you could try the following:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/uaWA2GbcnJU which is an advert, but one of the best

---

Going the rounds again:


A Scot who is Jewish decided to retire and take up golf, so he applied for membership at a local golf club.
About a week later he received a letter that his application had been rejected.  He went to the club to enquire as to why.
Secretary: You are aware that this is a Scottish golf club?
Scot: Aye, but I am as Scottish as you are, ma'am, my name is MacTavish.
Secretary: Do you know that on formal occasions we wear a kilt?
Scot: Aye, I do know, and I wear a kilt too.
Secretary: You are also aware, that we wear nothing under the kilt?
Scot: Aye, and neither do I.
Secretary: Are you also aware, that the members sit naked in the steam room?
Scot: Aye, I also do the same.
Secretary: But you are a Jew?
Scot: Aye, I be that.
Secretary: So, being Jewish, you are circumcised, is that correct?
Scot: Aye, I be that, too.
Secretary: I am terribly sorry, but the members just would not feel comfortable sitting in the steam room with you, since your privates are different from theirs.
Scot: Ach, I know that you have to be a Protestant to march with the Orangemen.
And I know that you have to be a Catholic to join the Knights of Columbus.
But this is the first time I've heard that you have to be a complete prick to join a golf club!

---


Best one this month:

http://youtu.be/moWeryJjRNM

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment